Sunday, October 4, 2009

SRI – Use your breath to increase your well-being and reduce stress

I went to an SRI workshop this weekend with Dr Donald Epstein and found the techniques I learned very helpful. SRI stands for "Somato Respiratory Integration" and is a series of breathing techniques to reduce stress, increase well-being and improve overall health. SRI is especially powerful when we feel under stress and need to reconnect with our body.

I go to a Network Chiropractor regularly and find that SRI really improves the healing process of my body a lot. Over the past 12 months I've seen tremendous improvements in my health due to the Network Care that I receive. The most amazing thing is that normal doctors told me for so many years that I had to wear specially adapted shoes to outbalance the imbalance of my hip. Within only a few weeks my chiropractor managed to make adjustments to my body, so that I can just wear normal shoes: What an amazing relief after I thought that I could never wear normal shoes again. It turned out that the doctors who previously told me that my legs were of different length were completely wrong. In fact my legs are perfectly the same length and also my hip is 100% healthy, only my spine was twisted. I think this a perfect example of the limitations of normal medicine that is too often focused on treating the symptom (e.g. taking a painkiller or wearing adjusted shoes) rather than working on the cause (e.g. unhealthy lifestyle, twisted spine).

Based on my experience I'd love to encourage you explore the following opportunities:

  1. Make an appointment with a chiropractor practicing Network Care (not the traditional chiropractic care)
  2. Practice the first stage of SRI which is easy to learn and very effective (instructions e.g. available here: http://www.freemanwellness.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/Stage1.pdf )
  3. When you go to a doctor don't see yourself as a patient asking the doctor to take care of your problem but rather a patient member with responsibility i.e. Invest some time researching skilled doctors in the respective area, ask questions to find out whether the doctor is really qualified: "Are you really focusing on treating the cause? How many people with similar problems have you helped in the past?"

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Johannes. Interesting thoughts. I never heard of SRI before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Hey this is really very nice information which you have given.I think this is really good that from your breathing techniques,you can reduce your stress.Thank you very much for sharing this with us.

    h1n1

    ReplyDelete